Avis Budget Group is a leading global provider of mobility solutions. Across EMEA, we operate 4 industry leading brands: Avis; Budget; Zipcar and Payless. Firmly established as a leader in the vehicle rental industry, our history of focusing on customers, our people, growth, innovation and efficiency drives impressive bottom line success and has delivered strong year on year results.
The District Engineer for London and South East is a key role contributing to the success of ABG by ensuring the maximization of fleet utilization and increased customer satisfaction through continuous improvements to the fleet maintenance process. Additionally, the successful candidate will partner with the Operations management team and District Damage & Maintenance Manager to develop and implement programs, practices and solutions to attain the business objectives.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Ownership of all vehicle maintenance and damage repair activity within your District
- Ensuring that safe, roadworthy and well maintained vehicles are provided to field operations and that all vehicles on the rental fleet adhere to the minimum rental standard
- Work with District Damage & Maintenance Manager to drive continuous improvement
- Embed the use of Smart repair techniques across the district
- Develop and manage relationships with all local maintenance suppliers, carrying out audits as appropriate
- Manage and control vehicle maintenance and damage repair activities, costs and downtimes
- Ensure facilities, equipment and subcontractors fully comply with company security, health and safety policies
To be successful in this demanding role you will need to have a broad understanding of the automobile industry and vehicle maintenance and repair processes. You will also need to be qualified to Accredited Technician Status – IMI (equivalent) and have experience of writing damage estimates. A minimum requirement of C&G, HNC in Motor vehicle technologies/body shop techniques is preferred.
This role offers a career defining opportunity to join a successful and strongly growing UK business and help to shape and build a Damage and Maintenance function supporting the Operations management team.
If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be, apply now!
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss further you can contact the me directly (Avis Budget Group in-house Talent Acquisition team) via email@example.com