Job Title: Fleet Customer Services Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Competitive basic salary, plus excellent benefits package (including tax efficient company car scheme and Loan Car Scheme, Fuel Card, Roadside Assistance, Pension, 27 Days Holiday, Onsite Occupational Health, Private Health Insurance, Profit Related Bonus, Childcare Vouchers, and more…!).
If you have an account management or operational management background in Fleet, we have a fantastic opportunity at VWFS to be part of our fast-growing Fleet team and play an influential role in delivering the highest possible levels of customer service to our business customers.
Reporting to the Head of Fleet Operations, the Fleet Customer Services Manager will lead our Sales Support function ensuring we deliver exceptional levels of service to new and existing business customers. This operational team will provide scalable solutions that ensure:
• Enhanced efficiencies
• Industry leading customer/driver satisfaction
• Diligent contract and asset management
• Industry expertise and innovation through targeted training and coaching
In addition this role will support the implementation of specific and existing projects as defined by the Fleet programme and wider business initiatives.
• To lead and motivate the team to ensure that the highest levels of performance and service standards are achieved with the aim of continuous improvement in quality, performance and efficiency.
• To regularly review Team Leaders’ and Team performance against agreed objectives and targets.
• Support the sales and account management team where relevant with pitching and onboarding of new clients.
• Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of their objectives and where they fit into the overall departmental and organisational strategy, and to make sure they have the necessary skills to deliver great results through coaching and development of the teams.
• Ensure appraisals and reviews of employee performance is carried out following company performance management processes.
• Strategically assess and continually improve - systems, processes, services and policies in support of the Fleet and wider organisational objectives. Ensure new processes are appropriately implemented and procedures updated in accordance with the L-OHB guidelines.
• To ensure supporting suppliers and external partners deliver the best business solutions to meet the company’s business needs in the most cost effective manner.
• Liaise with, and provide support and guidance to the Head of Fleet Operations for delivery and implementation of appropriate Fleet and company wide projects and initiatives.
• Play a significant role in the long term planning of the Fleet department, including delivering excellent customer services and retention.
Skills and Experience Required
• Demonstrable background and experience in a Fleet organisation, bringing invaluable industry knowledge.
• Experience of managing an Operational function (either from an account management or operational background).
• Demonstrable understanding of a Captive Automotive Financial Services organisation
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing teams, projects and initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the business.
• Able to work with multi-disciplinary teams at a variety of levels.
• Self-motivated, excellent organisation skills and ability to use own initiative.
• Creative thinking, problem solving and critical analysis skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines.
• Experience of managing change in a team environment.
• A resilient approach to dealing with difficult customer enquiries.
• Committed to delivering very high levels of customer service.
• Assertive personality, positive attitude, strong delegation skills, target driven and able to drive personal and team performance.