Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing of performance and tolerance critical engineered components for a variety of applications in the aerospace, power generation, automotive, petrochemical, and industrial markets. Core processes include precision casting, forging, fabrication, and machining. This site in South Wales has a turnover of circa £50m and offers a full engineering service from project management to the supply of machined finished products. Recruitment of a first class Head of Operations is crucial to the site's ongoing success.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the companies mission - specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, with the view to delivering operational excellence.
- Ensure that operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by staff.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with.
- Implement effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies.
The Successful Applicant
As Head of Operations you will have held significant leadership roles, demonstrating a breadth of experience and implementing change at pace. You will have the gravitas to operate at senior management level working alongside an exceptional team focused on driving the business forward. You will have a proven track record of delivering world class manufacturing performance in challenging environments and will have led transformation projects utilizing continuous improvement methodologies. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in automotive, aerospace, white-goods or similar heavy manufacturing/engineered components industries and must be willing to be located within commuting distance of South Wales.
What's on Offer
£65,000 - £70,000 + £5,900 car allowance, up to 15% bonus, pension, family health care, 25 days holiday + bank holidays.