Head of Sales – Home Based Covering the UK
- c.£70,000 Basic Salary
- £100,000+ OTE uncapped
- Prestige Company Car
- 25 Days Holiday
- Phone & Laptop
About our Client:
Our client is a long established and growing credit hire/accident management company who have an opportunity for an experienced new business hunter with a proven background of negotiating and securing multi-million pound credit hire deals with UK’s largest insurers/brokers. The Head of Sales role will manage a small team of National Sales Managers so man-management experience will be an advantage, although not essential. The Head of Business Development will also be responsible for maximising revenue from the group’s client portfolio whilst ensuring service expectations are monitored, developed and exceeded.
About the Role:
The Head of Sales will:
· Work with the senior management team to develop and deliver a sustainable, business strategy that will see the business continue to increase its market share in the insurer and broker marketplace.
· Manage and develop a portfolio of existing and prospective clients through building exceptional client relationships whilst ensuring expectations are managed and exceeded.
· Be involved from initial implementation of new accounts, negotiate contract terms and tenders, pricing and service level agreements.
· Understand the market place/competitors and use the knowledge to keep the group at the fore front of the industry.
· Generate new revenue by winning new accounts, particularly in the insurer and broker markets.
· Generate innovative solutions to clients and prospects that establishes the group as the forerunner in every insurer and broker tender process.
· Build and maintain successful working relations with the Operational management team/ departments.
· Manage the National Account Management team, supporting them in winning new contracts and ensuring client satisfaction and retention.
· Understand the market place and competitor offerings and use the knowledge to keep the group at the fore front of the industry.
· Liaise with the Sales and Implementation manager to ensure resource requirements are met where needed for new business to be integrated into Operations.
· Attend customer and industry events as needed.
Our client is looking for someone who is exceptional at building strong new business pipelines and winning big ticket new business at senior management/board level with large insurers/brokers who has an in-depth understanding of the credit hire industry.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in winning big ticket deals.
- Pro-actively engages and works with a range of internal contacts to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Uses own experience and knowledge to up-skill and coach team.
- Identifies where team members need support and provides it.
- Ensures other managers are supported, pro-actively providing guidance.
- Highly organised with ability to manage own work load.
- Is instrumental in making changes to processes/procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Sets clear goals and standards for team and self in support of company’s objectives.
· High degree of social skills when dealing with a range of people and situations.
· Proficient in managing relationships, both internal and external, as and where required.
· Knowledge of FCA rules and guidance and its application.
In addition you will need to have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across the UK.
With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets. Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping. For our clients we live and breathe your cultures, provide open and honest consultation and strive at every turn to be an extension of your business. Without this we would just be another recruiter, lost in a sea of mediocrity and adding no value. For our candidates we are in a position to offer genuine insight and advice, having supported the career progression of thousands of candidates across the UK and Europe. For us, you are not just another applicant but someone who we will guide and represent in an engaging fashion, each and every time.