A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced, ambitious and strategic Fleet and Small Business Marketing Manager with the ability and enthusiasm to drive our marketing agenda forward.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role controls the Volkswagen Group Leasing and Small Business User marketing activities within VWFS UK Limited. The role will lead a dedicated marketing team to deliver the following key outputs:
B2B/Driver focussed and strategically aligned marketing plans.
An engaging and effective ‘shop window’ for all fleet and business user activities via digital (incl. social) and static media, including engagement with Volkswagen Group Brands as appropriate.
A cross-business engagement strategy to ensure that VWFS fleet activities complement the sales ambitions of Volkswagen Group Brands and their Fleet Departments.
An effective operational marketing platform to deliver the marketing plans, to include competitive product positioning, direct marketing, lead generation and a sales conversion toolkit.
This is a broad remit that influences across business units, internal functions, brands and consumers. It holds a high degree of commercial responsibility and impacts directly on the sales and margin result of the organisation as a whole. The role holder possesses a highly tuned customer orientation and a passion for fleet and small business user activities.
- Working closely with the Head of Fleet Sales and Marketing,, establish sales and marketing strategies for direct use by the sales teams of VGL, to enable them identify, appoint and retain prospects.
- Identifying attractive markets and developing strategies to optimise penetration of those markets using the marketing mix. This approach is driven by insight and analysis and evaluates possibilities using an opportunity cost principle. Implementing a digital strategy that optimises the point of sale share of voice for all business lines including SEO, web optimisation and interactive customer interfaces.
- Deliver products, services and campaigns that naturally deliver the ambitions of the Fleet Marketing Plan by directly meeting the wants and needs of customers. As part of this, regular customer attitude benchmarking is undertaken to constantly calibrate the Customer Value Proposition with the demands of the market.
- With the Fleet Pricing Manager, determining a competitive pricing strategy for each business unit that delivers the ambitions of the Fleet Marketing Plan.
- Developing and maintaining a supplier management framework to oversee relationships that impact on the sales and marketing results (including telemarketing activity, analysis of performance and corrective actions).
- Supervising and co-ordinating the KPI set that measures performance and role is responsible for highlighting under-performance and recommending appropriate remedies.
- Investment of the designated marketing budget to meet the commercial objectives within the Marketing Plan, circa £2.5m.
Skills and Experience required:
Thorough experience of Automotive FS products, service and operating procedures including the role of the retailer network gained over a minimum of five years.
Proven experience of marketing in a B2B environment, preferably automotive gained over a minimum of five years.
Well-developed commercial marketing acumen and direct experience of marketing in an automotive fleet environment.
An appropriate marketing qualification, for example CIM.
Proven ability to present and communicate effectively at all levels including Board level. including interpreting complex and varied information in way that is facilitated to the understanding of the audience.
Degree level education with a preference to Business Studies/Marketing management.
Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
Experience of working with Salesforce or equivalent CRM/Sales Automation platform.
Experience of working with Salesforce Pardot/Marketo or equivalent Marketing Automation platform is desirable.
How To Apply
For further information and to apply, please click the link: