VMS provides a range of services to both blue chip and SME fleet operators and Insurance companies including contract hire, flexi hire, accident management and repair and maintenance services.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Transport Refrigeration Engineer. This position will be based from home, covering the East Anglia area although there may be a requirement to travel occasionally to other areas also.
Responsibility for routine servicing and repairs as required, mechanical fault finding, electrics and all other duties associated with this role
Completing all work assigned on a daily basis, ensuring that adherence to company and manufacturer standards and agreed time constraints
- Ensuring that work is always to the highest standard, seeking to achieve consistently high customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Maintain levels of stock on the van to agreed specification.
- Confident in the use of PCs and phones
- Able to prioritise and organise workload to achieve set deadlines and KPIs
- Willing to work in areas outside main district as and when required
- Presenting a positive company image through professionalism and quality of service
Maintain good working relationship with clients
Managing and prioritising jobs and workloads, scheduling, completing paperwork and communicating with managers and senior-level staff members as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
Be an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player
Qualified to work on Carrier, Hubbard, GAH, Alex Original Refrigeration units plus others as required
Work to high levels of efficiency and productivity on own and as part of a team
Have at least 5 years’ experience of working on refrigerated commercial vehicles, ideally Mercedes Benz, Ford, Fiat, Volkswagen and Isuzu
Qualified to F-Gas Cat 1
Be prepared to work on call every other weekend and bank holidays on a rota basis
Basic hours will be 12 per day
Have a full driving licence to include vans