VMS Fleet Management is a forward thinking accident and fleet management company with offices based in East Anglia and Hertfordshire. VMS provides a wide range of services to blue chip fleet operators and Insurance Companies that includes Accident Management, Contract Hire, Repair and Maintenance Services, Salvage and Fleet Disposal.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Depot Manager / Workshop Controller to join a new commercial vehicle repair workshop in Stevenage. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who can bring a dynamic and innovative approach to the role.
You will be responsible for developing profitability and ensuring the depot operates efficiently and provides outstanding customer service.
You must be assertive and influential with a proven track record in a managerial role.
You will be a keen motivator and strong leader, willing to lead from the front but also be willing to “get your hands dirty and help out”.
An extensive knowledge of the LCV, HGV and Truck industry is essential.
You will be overseeing a team of technicians and admin staff, the position holds responsibility for all workshop activities, for achieving the highest level of customer service, maintaining a clean, efficient workshop and achieving the highest standards of presentation.
The role involves monitoring the progress of jobs in the workshop, controlling the wastage of consumable materials, ensuring jobs are fairly allocated to Technicians, ensuring a high productivity output and that all work carried out complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry health and safety guidelines.
• Manage the performance of workshop to ensure that KPI and SLA targets are achieved
• Carry out regular process reviews to identify operational issues and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify
• Delegating workloads to staff in workshop to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
• Liaising with and assisting Technicians.
• Managing and supporting administrative staff
• Ensuring WIP (work in progress) deadlines are met and carried out in a cost effective manner
The Ideal candidate should:
• Be IT literate
• Be an effective communicator
• Have extensive experience of working within the motor vehicle industry
• Knowledge / experience of leading teams and developing staff
• An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
• CPC holder
• Ensure adherence to company`s Health and Safety regulations to prevent accidents within the workplace through liaison with company Health and Safety Manager
If you beleive that you have the skills and experience to make a positive contributin to this role and the continued development of the company, please submit a current copy of your CV to Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk