Summary of role:
VMS (Fleet Management) Ltd is a forward thinking national fleet management and contract hire company with offices based in East Anglia. VMS provides a range of nationwide services to blue chip fleet operators, Insurances and smaller operators.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to appoint a Fleet Services Manager. The Fleet Services Manager will be based at our Woolpit office near Bury St Edmunds. The successful candidate must hold nationally recognised qualifications in vehicle/technical disciplines, and whose mechanical knowledge and skills can be effectively utilised through taking responsibility for management of a fleet together with enhancing and monitoring the performance of team members.
• Motivate and lead a team of maintenance controllers
• Maintain good working relationship with clients and repairers, whilst ensuring effective maintenance control
• Manage manufacturer’s recalls, safety recalls, policies and procedures
• Allocating jobs and workloads, scheduling, completing team-related paperwork
• Reporting directly to line manager on team performance related matters
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a team player
• Have excellent leadership skills
• Excellent vehicle engineering knowledge incorporating fleet LCV and / or HGV experience
• Have extensive knowledge of fleet LCV and / or HGV repair methods
• It would be a distinct advantage if the applicant possesses the following qualifications;
o City and Guilds
o Member of IRTE
o Member of the Engineering Council
How To Apply
If you possess the qualification, skills and expertise to make a positive contribution to the position of Fleet Services Manager and the ongoing development of the company, please contact Christopher Oak, Group HR and Facility Office Manager for further details of the post, either by email at Christopher.Oak@vmsglobal.co.uk or by telephone on 01438 73931 or 07702 813559.
Closing date for applications: 9 February 2015
Apply for this job
Please complete the form below.