A fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Services Specialist to join us at Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS), Milton Keynes.
The Maintenance Department is part of the VWFS Fleet Department and is primarily concerned with supporting the Brands by providing a comprehensive range of products and services that enable customers to effectively manage cars and light commercial vehicles throughout their life. Our services need to provide innovative and cost effective solutions whilst providing exceptional levels of customer care.
This position reports to the Maintenance Services Team leader.
• To authorise mechanical repairs and routine maintenance to private use and corporate fleet vehicles, in accordance with the manufacturer’s service requirements and VWFS budgetary controls.
• To make sound technical decisions by analysing the causes of mechanical failures, evaluating solutions and ensuring that sound financial decisions are negotiated and implemented on a day to day basis using agreed authority levels.
• Authority level for approving maintenance and service expenditure up to £1000.00.
• To ensure that department KPI’s in the area of cost control, 1 Link, telephone response times and budgetary requirements are adhered to at all times.
• Being a key member of the maintenance team, working to ensure the delivery of future fleet objectives.
• Acting as a key point of contact for the customer experience team to ensure that customer queries are dealt with in an efficient, timely and professional manner creating win-win situations in all instances.
• To communicate in all mediums effectively to maximise customer service and to keep vehicle downtimes to a minimum.
• Hours of work are on a rota basis to ensure adequate coverage between 8.00am and 6.00pm and Saturday mornings.
Skills and Experience Required
You will be:
• Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with a proactive approach and the ability to react appropriately and effectively to fast changing circumstances and demands without losing focus on the balance between flexibility and control.
You must have:
• Proven mechanical skills and experience (City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Technical apprenticeship up to level 3 or equivalent.
• Previous Maintenance Control experience or Volkswagen Group Retailer Service Reception or Workshop Control.
• A confident and articulate, customer focused telephone and ecommerce manner.
• Proven experience utilising the 1 Link platform.
• Excellent PC skills, particularly in the use of CMS, ELSA PRO and Excel.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information clearly too all stakeholders with a methodical and disciplined approach to working in a high volume and demanding environment.