We are currently recruiting for a Fleet Sales Manager working for Daimler Fleet Management, part of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services. The main purpose of the role is to generate and close new fleet opportunities working as part of a team managing your geographical territory and reporting to the National Sales Manager. You’ll be responsible for the achievement of profitable sales targets attained through new customer acquisition within the strategic and corporate end user fleet sales channel (including Public Sector) for cars and vans selling a variety of fleet finance and management products and services.
You will manage and develop relationships with prospects within your territory; targeting Corporate End User and Multi Marque (car and van) fleet operators. You’ll identify and develop new prospects through to implementation within this channel, by working with Group colleagues, retailers as well as self-generated prospects and leads to manage and create new business opportunities. You’ll have a prospect target plan to be recorded in SalesForce.com as well as ensuring that this is maintained to the agreed standard. You will be responsible for ensuring timely communications to prospects within your territory covering all areas related to fleet. You will work across the brands within MBUK (Passenger cars, Vans, smart) and also other manufacturers to agree customer specific support terms that will generate additional fleet sales.
You are a proven new business sales professional – ideally working in the Contract Hire/Fleet Management arena, you are a strategic thinker and are passionate about creating solutions and delivering results. You have the ability to create strong customer relationships with key stakeholders and enjoy influencing others with credibility, openness and professionalism. You are driven by providing great service and have an understanding of your customers’ needs and strive to ensure that we’re always one step ahead.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Fundamental understanding of fleet finance methods including their structure and the features and benefits of each product and how they can be matched appropriately to a customer’s requirements
- A working knowledge of Whole Life Costs
- In-depth understanding of contract hire, finance lease and contract purchase including their fiscal and operational risks to the customer both for passenger cars and vans
- Understanding of the Fleet market place
- Proven planning and organisational ability working remotely
- Proven self-starter
- Strong communicator
- Strong influencer up to Board level
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence “the decision maker”