The BJD Group is urgently recruiting for a high calibre and ambitious Assistant Transport Manager, for a blue chip FMCG business. The position is based at their Distribution Centre in the Stoke on Trent area.
The salary on offer is £30,000 plus bonus and fantastic company benefits, including above average holiday entitlements.
Monday – Friday, 09:30 – 17:00
A market leading 3PL provided on a dedicated contract. With this Company they have a brilliant up to date fleet, so attraction of drivers is a little easier than standard.
As Assistant Transport Manager your will lead a team of drivers and ensuring that the distribution team operates safely, providing the highest level of service to customers, whilst ensuring the operations are optimised as efficiently as possible.
You will also be a key part of the management team driving key efficiencies and improving driving and safety standards. You will also be heavily responsible for the man management, accident investigation, sickness, absence, G&D etc. So previous experience will be needed.
Your other responsibilities include:
• Organise your driver team and mixed fleet of vehicles to ensure adequate staffing and performance levels are achieved and that the transport operations achieves customer service levels
• Monitor and analysis vehicle and performance data to ensure achievement of performance targets and identify improvement opportunities
• Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
• Effective planning and utilising the fleet to it's maximum potential
• Effective driver de-briefing.
• Liaising with agency regarding supply of drivers
To apply for the position of Transport Shift Manager, you must already have gained management experience with in a transport operation. You will have passion for customer service and an engaging management style. You must also possess.
• National CPC holder
• Expert knowledge of transport legislation
• Experience of managing change projects & process improvements
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Transport Management Systems.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of £30,000 + bonus and great company benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and established business at key stage in their operational development.
Based in Stoke on Trent it is commutable from:
And the surrounding areas
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit (url removed) to set up your free subscription now
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.