Job Title: Assistant Transport Manager
Site: Markham Vale 1
Core Days: Monday – Friday
Core Hours: Core working hours but you will be expected to be flexible to suit the jobs requirements and business needs
Reporting to the Transport Manager, supported by the shift supervisors, planners and a team of administration personnel, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning and daily transport operations at this site. You should have experience in a similar senior operational role and environment.
Your people management skills will be excellent and you will have the ability to engage individuals at all levels within the business. You will have the tenacity to deal with any under performance, and the charisma to inspire people to deliver their best.
A prerequisite for this role is that you are highly analytical with a real focus on identifying business opportunities whilst continuing to drive the transport operations forwards.
Working on site with a high profile customer in a complex and demanding operation, this position will challenge the successful applicant to the full.
- Raising competencies and performance in all areas of transport activity so as to contribute to business efficiency and to gain a competitive advantage.
- Planning and optimisation of transport resources of both own fleet and third party.
- Compliance with GVOL requirements and transport regulations, with emphasis towards ‘best practice’.
- Communication and advice on relevant current, new and proposed legislation.
- Ensuring effective fleet management and administration.
- Manage records relating to vehicles and drivers i.e. relating to vehicle roadworthiness, drivers hours and Working Time Directive (WTD).
- Support any company initiatives by promoting solutions and best practice through various forums.
- Daily management of a number of key Regional Partners.
- Managing Key Performance Indicator reporting.
- Managing various data streams to support the operation.
- Deputising for Transport Manager in their absence.
This list is not exhaustive and the position holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate within the position as required. The Company reserves the right to amend duties and responsibilities in response to changing business circumstances.
- Currently operating at a similar level or have the capacity to step up to the role.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of transport operations.
- Well developed analytical, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to produce data and information to identify opportunities and cost saving initiatives.
- Confident user of spreadsheets, word processing and database packages (MS Office preferred), Internet and email.
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and adherence to deadlines.
- Evidence of delivering mpg improvements
- Able to demonstrate leadership qualities with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of digital tachograph information and it uses.
- Be able to demonstrate a record of successfully instigating revenue improvements or cost reduction initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, at all levels.
- High personal energy level and commitment
- Resilience and persistence.
- Proven track record in discipline and grievance management.
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team-player.
- Flexible, ambitious and enthusiastic.
- CPC (national) qualified desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving license
Click APPLY NOW to kick – start your application
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.