The Staffing Network is recruiting on behalf of our prestigious Logistics Client based in the Cannock, South Staffordshire area (WS11 0JB)
We are excited to be recruiting for an Assistant Transport Manager to join their team. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to assist in fresh leadership concepts to our team. We want the role to drive forward improvements in order to provide the best service possible to our customers, coupled with high levels of employee engagement. We need an individual who thrives on working within the best team and leading new ways of working. This job is all about people skills, as it requires positive management of productivity and maintaining good levels of morale within our driver force.
This is a great opportunity for individuals wanting to assist the influence change and embed new processes and procedures.
* Ability to cost control, to ensure that operational costs remain within budget, and that profit targets are achieved.
* Implementation of facilities and audit requirements.
* Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of the depot.
* Working closely with the Field and Telesales Teams to ensure Operations support the Growth and Retention of Profitable Sales.
* Proactively drive the transport department forward by strategically planning for the future utilising experience of the wider market and developments in transport technology.
* Influence the way the transport department operates and improve in areas such as fuel costs, maintenance spend, agency costs etc.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have significant transport experience within a multi-temp environment
* Have a CPC International Freight (Road Haulage) Qualification
* Have established management experience
* Be able to demonstrate both strong leadership and people management skills as well as the ability to “roll your sleeves up”.
* Be able to “question and probe to find problems and then fix them”.
* Have the ability to interpret and analyse data to form improvement plans.
* Be able to work under pressure, multi-tasking and prioritising workloads successfully.
Salary expectations up to £40k per annum
To apply please send your CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.