Assistant Transport Manager
Competitive Salary Depending on Experience
Our client is one of London and Hertfordshire’s leading waste management
and skip hire companies. Founded over 40 years ago they are a privately
owned and well-established company, operating to FORS Gold standard with
an unrivalled reputation across the capital.
A position has arisen within their transport team for an Assistant
Transport Manager based at their head office in London, NW2. This is a
fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to gain experience
working in the fast-paced waste management industry.
* Managing and controlling their fleet of vehicles ensuring the
efficient delivery of all services.
* Liaising with the Workshop Manager in relation to breakdown
management and vehicle availability.
* Effective planning to ensure that all deliveries are completed on
time and in line with expected first-class service delivery levels.
* Ensuring the efficiency of the fleet and that all vehicles operate
cost effectively at all times.
* Dealing with drivers on a daily basis, briefing them with their
duties and instructing them throughout the working day. Ensuring
PDA’s are being used correctly and that drivers comply with all legal
requirements to include, speed limits and tachograph regulations.
* Working with the H&S team and driver trainers to ensure procedural
and legislative compliance.
* Dealing with the sales team to provide competitive pricing to
* Dealing with customer orders and queries and entering them onto the
sales order system.
* Administrative duties to ensure Compliance and Company Policies are
all met in full.
Key Skills required:
* Previous heavy haulage experience of 1 year minimum
* CPC qualified or working towards this qualification would be an
* Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to
prioritise own work load.
* Enthusiastic customer-focused attitude.
* Attention to detail.
* Professional and approachable
* Firm and confident with the ability to work under pressure.
* Excellent IT skills
* Experience in the waste industry would be an advantage.
This is a full time permanent position offering a competitive salary,
with career progression within a long established and growing company.
Should you be interested in this excellent opportunity, please forward
your CV to Anna Maguire.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response,
occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be
possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will
keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.