Assistant Transport Manager | Upto £45,000 | Crick, Northamptonshire | FMCG
Are you a Transport Shift Manager, Assistant Transport Manager or a Transport Manager who thrives on building relationships and developing large teams? If this sounds like you, we are looking to speak with our next Assistant Transport Manager for one of our key contracts on a full-time permanent basis.
Leading from the front, you will be responsible for managing an experienced transport shift team, whilst providing first class support to the Transport Manager. Taking responsibility for the drivers and fleet, you will conduct 121’s, manage rotas, grievances, and compliance, with a big emphasis on ensuring that health and safety procedures are followed. Along with all of the above, you will act as the first point of contact for the customer, so being able to demonstrate your ability to communicate with different stakeholders in a complex environment is crucial.
What you’ll bring
* Good maths and English skills, IT literate
* CPC holder
* Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations. Knowledge of the Transport Legislation and European Working Time Directive
* At least 3 years’ experience in transport environment. Experience with Food Safety standards preferred
* Capability to build, lead and motivate a team
* Ability to plan, prioritise and organise. Ability to work to deadlines. Accountable and results orientated
* Excellent communication skills. Able to use initiative, organise own workload
* Customer Service skills
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.