The purpose of the role is to effectively assist with the management of the day to day Andover transport operation, to ensure that all the legal compliance and company standards are adhered to. The successful candidate will have experience of managing a busy transport operation daily and promoting all safe working practices. Experience of change management is essential as the role will involve development of procedures to improve all areas of the transport operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be accountable for maintaining a high standard of vehicle compliance, presentation, security and cleanliness.
• Effectively manage the daily transport operation, making maximum use off all available resources.
• Commercial awareness, ensuring that the transport team operates within budget, reducing costs and supporting the acquisition of new business.
• Ensure that all customer KPI’s and operational deadlines are met and exceeded.
• Dealing with any account issues, including customer complaints.
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to risk management and adherence to health and safety regulations.
• Accident and incident management and reporting, including thorough investigation.
• Management of all in cab technology.
• Provide a liaison with all customers both internal and external, suppliers and other parties as required.
• Recruit, train, motivate and mentor transport team in order to provide a flexible team who constantly achieve departmental KPI’s.
• Manage and supply Drivers CPC training.
• Be involved in disciplinary and grievance processes, performance management and absence management.
• Responsible for highlighting to your Manager any potential quality issues, including hygiene, security and damage issues and resolving them effectively.
• Rotate with team to provide out of hours cover.
• Creation of weekly P & L for the department.
Compliance & legislative:
• Work with CPC Holders to ensure all VOSA Operator licence legislative requirements are adhered to, responsibilities to include;
• The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with driver’s hours’ and tachograph rules.
• Tachograph infringement management, training and/or disciplinary action when required.
• The making of arrangements to ensure vehicles are maintained properly, including inspection of vehicle at the appropriate time and take immediate action to remedy any defects found.
• The reporting and recording of vehicle and trailer defects by drivers.
• The accuracy of all records including fleet, which must be kept for a period of not less than 15 months.
• The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded.
• Ensure of Health & safety Legislation is complied with including SSoW, Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks, LOLER/PUWER/RIDDOR Regulations.
• All other aspects of fleet compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Computer literate, competent user of Microsoft applications.
• Effective presentation and communication experience.
• Excellent self-motivation and able to work under own supervision
• In depth knowledge of transport operations.
• Team player with the ability to instil confidence and drive in others.
• Flexibility – the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected.
• The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, drivers and suppliers.
• Budget and account experience preferred but not essential as training will be given.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience of transport operations and management
• Experience of transport management systems for planning and driver management
• Experience of leadership, minimum 2 years at Supervisory level.
• Professional Qualification, e.g Certificate of Professional Competence or willing to under training to achieve this qualification
Aligra have been established since 2007 and have since implemented supply partnerships with a good number of the UK’s leading logistics companies.
People are the most important part of any business – and we are no different. At Aligra we only recruit recruitment consultants who show the right blend of professionalism, passion and commitment whose work ethic matches our 'Whatever it Takes' approach. Our team will always do what it takes to fulfil the Aligra ambition.
While we work across industries, we specialise in recruitment and talent management for the Accountancy & Finance, Professional & Executive, Automotive and Transport & Logistics sectors.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Aligra Personnel Limited, who are a recruitment business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.