Knights of Old are a leading privately owned 3rd party transport and logistics company with over 100 years’ experience and a strong reputation for quality and efficiency in the shared user and dedicated transport solutions industry in the UK and Worldwide.
Due to our continued growth and success we have a vacancy for an Assistant Transport Manager to work in our busy Full Load Department. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and hands on individual who is able to work on their own initiative alongside being part of a bigger team.
We can offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, contributory pension, life assurance and enrolment in our cash back health care scheme.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 10.00 – 20.00, one in every four Saturday AM
**The main responsibilities of the Assistant Transport Manager include:**
* Planning and managing Full Load Delveries.
* Managing the workload of the Full Load team and drivers.
* Liaison with internal and external transport departments.
* Managing relationships with key customers
* Resolution of any delivery issues.
**The essential qualities of the Assistant Transport Manager include:**
* Self-motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* People focussed Management style.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Computer literate.
* Good geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.