My Third Party Logistics client is looking for an Assistant Transport Manager based in Knowsley. Reporting into the Contract Operations Manager you will be responsible for all of the overnight trunking operation. Your shift patterns will be Mon-Fri, 10pm-6am and and you will ensure the daily operational plans are delivered as agreed with the customer. You will be responsible for the overall management of the drivers operating out of the northwest and have indirect responsibility for vehicles being operated at other sites. This will include accountability for full compliance to both Health and Safety and Transport Legislation at all times.
Your shift patterns will be Mon-Fri, 10pm-6am and the key responsibilities include;
* Full, thorough and independent management of the night trunking operation.
* Responsible for Health and Safety of the team, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times e.g. accidents, investigations, risk assessments and daily checks.
* Monitoring KPI data, identifying trends with a view to improving efficiencies and achieving continuous improvement targets.
* responsibility to collate (and where applicable liaise with other sites to make sure KPI completion is adhered to daily) and circulate daily KPI data to relevant management team
* Liaise with feet maintenance providers as and when required and log fleet issues/call outs
* Super user for all IT systems e.g. Epods and scanners,
* Maintenance of systems including Verilocation, TMS, Tachomaster and Fleet Check.
* Ability to provide, present and explain key operational data in a timely fashion when required on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Responsible for identifying and achieving cost saving initiatives/efficiencies wherever possible
* Ongoing teammate management and development; appraisals, objective setting, regular reviews, identifying training needs, coaching and developing teammates where appropriate.
* Effectively manage all HR related activities e.g. holidays, sickness absence, investigations and disciplinaries with an aim to finding suitable resolutions within the scope of the Company’s policies and procedures.
* Liaise with other Depots or departments within the Company network to ensure operations are satisfactorily completed and also promoting good working relationships to maximise performance.
* Ensure driver brief and debriefs are completed to Company quality requirements.
* Action computerised vehicle scheduling to ensure optimum effectiveness to ensure completion of customer requirements and service levels are achieved.
* Manage the fleet effectively, ensuring that vehicles required for service are presented when scheduled or requested.
* Communicate effectively at all levels.
* Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
* Responsibility for ensuring full and detailed handover is completed and issues to all relevant teams/management on daily basis
In addition to your normal duties you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business and flexibility should be recognised as a prerequisite
I'm looking for the following;
* Good problem solver
* Articulate, numerate and computer literate including the use of Microsoft packages and transport operational systems
* Good geographical knowledge both locally and nationally
* Flexible in approach and able to work a rotating shift pattern where required
* CPC or an advanced knowledge of transport legislation (desirable)
* Contract management experience
* Previous experience of similar role within the Transport arena
* Demonstrable leadership and man-management experience and skills
* Good knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation relevant to the workplace
* Ability to communicate with confidence to a wide range of audiences
* Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
* Ability to influence at all levels
* Excellent organisational skills
* High attention to detail
* Ability to follow and provide clear instructions
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.