Job Title: Assistant Transport Manager
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Shifts: Monday to Friday, due to the nature of the role some flexibility will be required.
Part of the Culina Group, Culina Logistics – market leader in UK chilled shared user logistics. This was and still is the foundation business within Culina Group - is market leader in UK chilled shared user logistics. It currently has a portfolio of around 120 food and drink clients many of which are household names.
Culina Group a well established leader in the logistics market is recruiting for a Assistant Transport Manager on a permanent basis at our Haverhill depot.
- Manage the Depot Transport staff to deliver efficient Traffic plans to enable delivery of products to customers within agreed service levels.
- Reduce non contract maintenance and damage spends through the use of vehicle passports, daily confirmation of spend, in conjunction with other Culina depots.
- Carry out frequent audits and manage the workload of staff.
- Motivate and develop the team through the use of personal development plans.
- Ensure all staff are fully trained and have the correct equipment.
- Ensure that the Transport team comply with all relevant statutes and regulations.
- Communicate with 3rd Party hauliers in regard to monitor and control of all reported defects.
- Check and approve maintenance related invoices.
- Ensure annual MOTs and weekly services on all fleet equipment are carried out on time.
- Monitor, Audit and Control suppliers.
- Attend Monthly Customer review meetings in the absence of the Transport Manager.
- Accountable for all tasks that the Transport Manager delegates to the team
- Responsible for communication throughout department ensuring that team briefings include KPIs for staff accountability.
- Propose, agree and implement service improvements with customers in conjunction with other areas of the business
- Generate and implement ideas with regards to staff and operational changes, which will help drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure a secure and safe environment for staff, both in your department and across the wider business.
- Be responsible for the Transport Budget, to include various KPI’s and costs.
- Support the company in regard to reducing its carbon footprint, for example reducing road miles.
- Good commercial knowledge of transport operations including experience of operating in a closed book – shared user environment
- 24/7 operational accountability.
- Ability to deputise for the Transport Manager.
- Planning and organising skills with a high level of numeracy.
- Excellent negotiating skills with the ability to influence and steer.
- An effective communicator at all levels, good verbal and written skills.
- Genuine team player, a firm and confident manager who is skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team.
- Highly tolerant of change – able to work within an evolving organisation.
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment.
- Commercially focused, consumer orientated and customer service driven.
- National and International CPC qualification – desirable.
What You Will Get In Return
In return you will receive a competitive salary and holiday entitlement, company pension scheme, life assurance and medical package, as well as access to Hapi benefits discounts.
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.