Assistant Transport Manager (Planner/ Trainee)
£22,000 - £30,000 + Company benefits + 8.00am to 5.30pm Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 5pm
Basildon, Essex (Commutable from: Brentwood, Romford, Grays, Chelmsford, Southend on Sea, Billericay)
Are you an Assistant Transport Manager looking for a varied role where you will play a key part in the management team driving key efficiencies and improving driving and safety standards?
This role will require you to step up and work closely with the Transport Manager in the day to day management of a small fleet of HGVs, Hydraulic Loaders where you will coordinate with the sales team and plan efficient routes.
This is a leading supplier of choice for many blue-chip companies across the construction industry.
On offer is training and the opportunity to work with the management team to drive improvements across the team from driving through to safety standards.
* Organise a small fleet of 32t vehicles to ensure adequate staffing
* Effectively plan and utilise the fleet routes
* Work with the transport Manager ensuring that all vehicle servicing and maintenance documentation including daily inspection records are kept up to date.
* Experience coordinating and planning transport/ vehicle operations
* Transport CPC not necessary but must be working towards
Key words: Transport Planner, Assistant Transport Manager, CSCS, Construction, Basildon, Essex, Brentwood, Romford, Grays, Chelmsford, Southend on Sea, Billericay.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.