Great news!!! My favourite client to work with are expanding again. Working within the Plant, Fleet and Transport division, you will be responsible for controlling the day to day activities of the transport department, including all dispatch and vehicle management. Ideally a holder of CPC.
We are looking for a proactive manager, with a positive approach to enforcing change, able to work with high levels of integrity and common sense.
* You will provide fleet management support to the businesses.
* Must have experience in managing a large versatile fleet of vehicles and equipment.
* The development and implementation of group transport related initiatives and projects.
* General support and guidance to the business.
* You would have Compliance management experience , the ideal candidate will be highly analytical and be able to synthesise complex problems, carry out your own analysis using various different tools and be able to develop practical solutions. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to work with others to find common ground and to persuade them to support your initiatives. You will have man management experience, be a charismatic leader with a coaching style and able to help people maximise their potential.
* Reporting to the Commercial Director and Workshop Manager
* Ensure compliance with all drivers working
* Monitor and investigate infringements
* Control vehicle maintenance program (PMI’s) to make sure vehicles are in excellent condition at all times.
* Liaising with external suppliers for ad hoc drivers and vehicle repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
* Ensure compliance with the company’s Operating licence undertakings
* Actively promote H & S and manage this process
* Produce business information reports on driver and vehicle productivity when required.
* Responsible for the transport plan with a view to ensuring it is future proof
* Advise the business on industry wide developments
* Health and Safety responsibilities
* Ensure work is planned and carried out in compliance with company procedures
* Comply with the Health and Safety Policy, procedures and protocols at all times
* Compile and review safety documentation detailing the safe systems of works to be adopted
* Ensure that all works are being carried out safely in accordance with the agreed safe system of work
* All safety briefings to staff are carried out in accordance with company procedures
* All accidents and incidents are reported correctly in accordance with company procedures
* Monitor works being undertaken to ensure health and safety compliance
* Report any safety concerns to your Line Manager
* Ensure all work equipment is serviceable and inspected
* Ensure all staff under your control have received the required training to safety undertake their works
* Set a good example at all times
* Full Driving Licence
* CPC Qualification
This is a great company to work for. For more information, please get in contract. (phone number removed)
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.