JOB: CPC Transport Manager
First People solutions are currently working with a large Haulier based in the Lanarkshire area. Our client offers a range of services including bulk haulage, refuse collection and specialist cleaning services.
Due to expansion, they are looking to recruit an additional Transport Manager on a permanent basis.
This dynamic role is best suited to a Transport manager who thrives in an environment where the customer requirements change at a moment’s notice. This allows the successful candidate the ability to express their planning and decision-making skills constantly, giving them significant job satisfaction in the knowledge that they have delivered solutions in the most cost-effective way to the daily challenges that have presented themselves. The Transport manager will also work as part of a team therefore support can be given by other team members when required.
As well as planning and managing the day to day transport activities of around 40 vehicles some of the other duties include:
* Receiving customer orders, costings and preparing quotations
* Allocating workload to each driver optimising efficiency through smart route planning
* Ensuring Operator license compliance
* Analysis of tachograph data to ensure compliance EU drivers hours regulations
* Communicating with customers on all aspects of the company’s service
* Managing any breakdowns, issues that arise
You will be an excellent communicator, with the ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
This role is a key position within the company and the successful candidate will be presented with an opportunity to progress their career to a senior role within the company management team.
To be considered for this role applicants should have:
* Full driving licence
* HGV Licence (beneficial but not essential)
* Excellent geographical knowledge of Scotland
* Transport Managers Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
* Experience in Transport management in tipper haulage, plant or waste management
* Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
* Working knowledge of Road Tech/Roadrunner and MS Office would be advantageous
* Strong communication skills across all levels and disciplines
* The ability to adapt and react to change in what will be a challenging and dynamic environment
* Mechanical knowledge of HGV and Trucks maintenance (beneficial but not essential)
0830 – 1830 - Mon – Friday 0700 – 1200 – bi-weekly Saturdays
If you have the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online attaching an up to date CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.