We have a really exciting opportunity that arisen for a leading food company to source them a Customer Supply Chain and Logistics Manager. As a member of the Leadership Team, reporting to the Department Controller, this role lies at the heart of a fast paced and growing International Supply Chain function delivering our brands across the UK. The key mission is to manage, motivate and coach a team of 4, working collaboratively with Site Management, Planning, Commercial, and Manufacturing functions as well as building long term relationships with Customers and 3rd Party Logistics & Warehouse Suppliers.
If you enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment, with a team who happily “go the extra mile” and are constantly learning and evolving to build a best in class UK Supply Chain and Customer Relations model you will love this role!!
Duties will include but not limited to:
* Develop, communicate, and deliver Global Customer Supply strategy in line with business plans
* Contract & Budget management for International Logistics & Warehouse suppliers
* Development & coaching of the Customer Supply Team & Logistics Team to deliver best in class cost and supply to our Global customers and distributors
* Define, communicate, and embed excellent Customer & Supplier Relationship Management focussed on supply, service, and cost efficiency
* Leadership and coaching of your team to deliver functional, developmental, and business targets & KPIs (Budget & Inventory Control, Customer Supply, Cost To Serve, Efficiency +, Upskilling, Performance Monitoring).
* End to end process improvements through team for KPI management, stock replenishment (UK to EU/Australia), order to delivery, cashflow (returns/debits), cost-to-serve, relationship management, stock holding parameters
* Act as functional expert and escalation on relevant legislative requirements for export markets
* Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that could delay the release or movement of export shipments ensuring government/customs compliance is adhered to
* Resource planning and allocation to enable delivery of team specific and business wide projects
* Ensure adherence to relevant Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements
The ideal person will have :
* Understanding and ability to share the ‘bigger picture’
* Ability to balance short- and medium-term priorities
* Integrity – working the right way
* Keen to support direct reports and wider team as needed
* Able to empower direct reports
* Embracing change management – short, medium, and long term
* Forward thinking
* Ability to identify, develop, and implement improved ways of working
* Supplier, contract, customer, and budget management
* Proven track record of leading and developing a small team in a Supply Chain function
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.