Brewster Partners are delighted to be working with a Chesterfield based Manufacturer for a Customer Support and Logistics Manager. This is a newly created role and is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a proven track record in logistics and customer management. The role will over see Production, Planning and Customer Service, bringing internal departments together to drive a streamlined Supply Chain function.
The role is required to work cross functionally across Planning and Sales to understand forecast and demand, therefore excellent communication skills are critical. You will also maintain and regularly update the ERP system, ensuring accuracy of data in line with forecast.
* Manage and develop excellent working relationships / communications with specific customer accounts.
* To ensure ‘best practice’ logistics scheduling and transport systems are maintained, with required finished goods stock available on a daily basis to meet agreed deadlines for Customer delivery requirements.
* Provide daily management of the sales order book and ensure customers are alerted in good time regarding their deliveries.
* Ensure all customer service & logistics reports and appropriate analysis is completed.
* Ensure all customer orders are processed effectively from order receipt to shipment.
* Provide fast resolution to any customer service / logistics scheduling or delivery issues identified and effect good levels of communication (especially with customers).
* Use SOUND operations guiding principles for effective decision making.
* Management of best practice customer service / logistics for high performance.
* Ensure the sales order book is maintained on a timely basis and accurate.
* Ensure finished goods stock is available on a daily basis in-line with transport logistics schedule to meet customer requirements.
* Monitor actual delivery dates versus planned delivery and highlight any issues.
* Provide positive support for lean improvement initiatives and culture.
* To ensure full compliance with UK Health & Safety Regulations.
* Ensure KPI targets are consistently achieved.
* To adhere to all deadlines and targets set by Operations Director.
* Establish good working relationships with all business functions & external customers.
* Experience of Customer Service and Logistics Management
* Use of best practice tools and structured problem solving, ‘hands-on’ leadership, customer focus, communication, people management, personal discipline and continuous improvement.
* Adherence to customer requirements, order book, logistics plan & delivery service.
* On-time in full (OTIF) delivery performance >95%.
* An excellent practical understanding of Customer Service and Logistics systems, tools and techniques, with vast experience managing a small quality team in a manufacturing environment.
* A good rapport with customers is essential.
* Computer literate with good MS Office skills.
* Knowledge of MRP/ERP system would be advantageous.
* Occasional travel
* Mon-Thur 8am -5pm with an early finish on a Friday 2pm (37.5 hours/wk)
* Holiday entitlement 24 days plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on Jobs or Recruitment
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.