Job title: Deputy Fleet Manager 270/16
Location: East coast
A client of WRS is looking for a Deputy Fleet Manager to join the team. Our client is a large, well-established company that is operating across the world on some high profile projects.
Your role would be introducing and regularly monitoring the compliance with the company management system. To be successful for this role you should be qualified to current STCW A-II/2 or A-III/2 (Deck or Engineering) qualification, or a similar shore based qualification.
Duties will include:
- Monitor the activities of Vessel Superintendents
- In control of financial management of the vessels.
- Arranging for repairs and dry dockings
- Contribute to the successful delivery of project by ensuring the work performed is in full compliance
- Arrange for timely extension of Class / Flag State certification
- Communication between all employees and all sub-contractor personnel to ensure that dry docking/repair specifications are adhered to.
- Liaise with the Masters of Company Operated ships and ensure they are given adequate time to order Charts and Nautical Publications for the intended / planned voyage(s) and operational areas.
- Monitor the activities of all Departments associated with the day to day operations of the Company Operated ships
- Ensuring that annual reviews of vessel specific classification society related manuals are undertaken by the Vessel Superintendents in liaison with the Marine Safety Superintendents.
- Periodically audit the basic safety qualifications
- Ensure that all Internal Auditors are trained
- Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with all key stakeholders
Our client offers an excellent package, dependent on experience as well as progression.
You will need to be based in the UK to be considered for the role.
In the first instance please send your CV and we will contact you to discuss further
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.