Air Personnel are delighted to support their client in Bournemouth for a Deputy Stores and Logistics Manager.
This new role has arisen due to our clients planned expansion of its European 145 maintenance business and recent investment in a new flagship facility at Bournemouth airport. Through this expansion the client is building its team of Stores, Logistics and Procurement specialists. This team supports the clients maintenance business across Europe spanning Commercial and Government clients. This is a central team involving procurement and supply chain management with major OEMs and vendors across the globe, management of spares pool and inventory across Europe/Middle East along with logistics of delivery from suppliers and internally within to ensure sustenance of critical materiel to meet peaky demand. This requirement includes significant import/export across the globe. Due to the complexity and time criticality of this function, its operation is based upon a state of the art management information system.
This role reports into the Stores and Logistics Manager and it is based at our facility in Bournemouth Airport.
The Deputy Stores and Logistics Manager carries the following as principal responsibilities:
* Direct support to the Stores and Logistics Manager in the day to day operational running of the team. This will include all aspects of the team spanning:
* Stores management
* Direct support to the Stores and Logistics Manager in future planning, and implementation of strategic initiatives such as corridor. This will include:
* Provision of management information to support the wider business;
* SME support for wider strategic initiatives, for example through implementation of a new Management Information System
* Support to tender and bid activities through provision of costings and specialist expertise required for submission of competitive and compelling bids.
* Direct support to the Stores and Logistics Manager in development of the team for example through mentorship, guidance on the role, identification of training needs, performance management and career development
* Providing cover for the Stores and Logistics Manager through delegation of Authority when they are on leave, travelling on business, or ill.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrated experience working in a stores/logistics environment within a part 145 maintenance organization.
* Demonstrated experience in leadership or support in leadership of teams within this environment.
* Relationships with and knowledge of relevant OEMs and logistics companies.
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
* Demonstrated experience working with industry relevant Management Information System.
* Articulate and ability to engage with more junior team members along with senior managers within the business.
* Knowledge of import/export regulations as applicable to UK aviation maintenance business.
* Knowledge of regulatory framework governing aviation maintenance in the UK.
* Knowledge of internal procedures and practices would be beneficial.
Hours: Working a 40-hour week
If you would like to know more details please contact Michelle or email an up to date CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.