Nottingham City Council's Fleet Services operation based at Eastcroft Depot are looking for a Deputy Workshop Operations Manager for the Shannon Workshop. The post holder will be responsible for managing a number of vehicle and plant engineering staff and support staff, ensuring that contractual targets and KPIs are met and an outstanding level of customer service is delivered to both internal and external customers.
The post holder will work to maintain an effective programme of vehicle testing, inspection and examination; ensuring compliance with statutory legislation, the legal requirements of Nottingham City Council's Operator's Licence, health and safety legislation, taxi licensing legislation, DVSA requirements and internal Council policies and procedures.
The post holder will also be responsible for managing the safe operation of the Shannon Workshop premises, ensuring that health and safety requirements are monitored and controlled at all times.
- A background in vehicle engineering including proven experience as a fitter at NVQ level 3 or a City & Guilds Certificate in Heavy Motor Vehicle Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience of managing a large and diverse fleet of vehicles and plant and managing the delivery of work to ensure that contractual KPIs and targets are met
- Experience of all aspects of managing staff in a workshop environment, including the monitoring of productivity levels and undertaking performance management procedures
- Experience of managing health and safety requirements within a workshop environment
- Experience of dealing with external contractors and suppliers in a workshop environment - including monitoring the cost, performance and quality of the services provided
Please visit the following link to view the job description/person specification document for this vacancy: https://jobs.emss.org.uk/Deputy%20Workshop%20Operations%20Manager-Eastcroft%20Depot%20London%20Road%20Nottingham%20Nottinghamshire%20NG2%203AH?jobId=3689&JobIndex=43&categoryList=&minsal=0&maxsal=150000&workingpattern=&keywords=&employee=-1&postcode=&Distance=0&WorkingTerm=&WorkingHours=0&OrganisationLevel=0