Distribution Manager / Logistics Manager
With more than 36 years’ experience in the food service sector, Blakemore Foodservice is a leading multi-temperature food distribution company that supplies the public sector, national account customers and independent caterers.
The business has a diverse range of nationwide customers that include public houses, restaurant chains, the leisure industry, schools and professional caterers amongst many.
In 2010 Blakemore Foodservice underwent a huge expansion programme following the launch of a second depot. The 80,000 sq ft site in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, was a clear statement of intent for the division to grow and expand its customer base across the north of the UK.
Position: Distribution General Manager
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire, LS26 8ZA
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week; Monday - Saturday Days, shift times may vary - rota basis
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: September 21, 2018
About the role:
To oversee the organisation and control of efficient and profitable transport operations within the Depot in order to provide a high-quality service to the customer, whilst working within the constraints of Company policy and relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure adherence to / review of operational systems and procedures (to include maintenance) and implementation of continuous improvements where necessary
- Ensure legal compliance and adherence to company policy, systems and procedures, with particular reference to food safety, health and safety, security, the environment and employment law and tachograph regulations
- Ensure all company and legally required documentation is obtained (to include all training records)
- Creation of tender documentation for future proposals
- Oversee direct reports in relation to all aspects of performance and development in line with the leadership competencies
- Liaise with warehouse management team
- Assisting with the preparation of operational budgets
- Control of operational costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Control of purchasing, maintenance and servicing of all equipment / vehicles
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
- May have access to company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- National CPC Qualification is essential (2 years’ experience min) IOSH would be preferred
- Demonstrable experience in people and process management is essential
- Experience in Warehousing and Distribution is a must
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Knowledge of driver CPC and tachograph regulations essential
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Experience in managing costs and resources
- Commercially focused, capable of delivering results in a cost-effective manner
- Basic knowledge of Employment Law / HR Policy would be preferred
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
You may have experience of the following: General Manager, Operations Manager, Depot Manager, Business Manager, Wholesale, Sales, Operations, Management, Budget Management, Retail, Convenience Store, Distribution Depot, Operations Management, Distribution General Manager, Transport manager, Transport Coordinator, Logistic Manager, Logistic Coordinator, Distribution Manager, Distribution Coordinator, etc
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.