A Fantastic new Home Working position!! My client is a fast growing educational tour operator in the UK and due to growth of this fantastic company I am looking for an Educational Account Manager to join their great company. You will be a fundamental part of the Sales Team with the impetus and drive to continue accelerating company growth, Your role will be centred around.
Working in our School Tours Department, the postholder will be responsible for putting together study tours for UK based student groups. A key part of the role is to increase new business and manage existing accounts. Much of your work will involve liaising with UK school and college academic staff; UK and European accommodation suppliers; flight, rail and coach operators, visitor attractions and overseas agents.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage your own portfolio of key accounts, ensuring all client requests are responded to effectively and making sure enquiries, quotations and bookings are administrated in line with company procedures.
• Work with the Tours General Manager and Director to achieve customer and company targets and KPIs
• Liaise closely with lecturers and other clients to tailor an educational travel package to meet client needs, carrying out research as necessary
• Deal with clients via telephone, email and letter promptly and professionally
• Calculate and provide accurate quotations, ensuring that documentation is sent promptly
• Work closely with suppliers and the Operations Dept regarding transport, accommodation and visits to ensure programmes run smoothly
• Undergo training as necessary to maintain product knowledge and comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Gain a full understanding of the other roles, responsibilities and duties within all departments relevant to student tours
• Actively participate in the weekly quality control meetings and other departmental meetings
• Make familiarisation visits in the UK and abroad as directed
• Manage the out of hour’s phone service on a rota basis
• Eligibility to live and work in the UK
• Experience of working in a fast-paced sales environment
• Track record of exceeding sales targets
• Experience of working with overseas clients
• Comprehensive knowledge of European cities
• Experience of dealing with airlines, hotels and coach suppliers
• Experience of working in the travel industry
• Experience of working in group travel
Skills and personal attributes
• Goal driven with the desire to exceed targets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A good eye for detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately
• Good time management skills; able to meet deadlines consistently
• Able to work flexibly and respond positively to new challenges
• Strong team working skills
• Ability to think innovatively to resolve work issues and generate business
• A strong customer focus and the ability to build highly effective working relationships with all stakeholders
• A positive, ‘can do’ approach to work
• Good IT skills
• High standard of literacy and numeracy
• Ability to communicate in a 2nd major European language
Package – A great salary of £25,000 plus a performance bonus and many great company benefits.
Contact myself Marie Heaven on (phone number removed) or email your CV
You can also click the link below to apply
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.