· Check incident circumstances against work estimated for to see if the damage could be related to the incident.
· Check estimated costs are fair and reasonable.
· Check estimates are within customer specific rates if a network repairer has been allocated.
· Amend estimates to correct customer specific rates if a network repairer has been allocated.
· Negotiate with non-network repairers in order to bring inflated costs down.
· Authorise incident related work to repairers.
· Correctly value vehicles for total losses.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Motor engineering and body shop experience – required
• Audatex experience - required
• Motor claims handling - beneficial
• Client liaison experience – beneficial
• Experience working with all types of vehicle - beneficial
• Oral and written communication to be tailored to the audience, e.g. using
• Maintaining confidentiality and recognising the sensitivity of information
• Representing the company when dealing with customers/external parties
• Adhere to objectives, targets and deadlines
• Personal time management
• Switching between different tasks within own work
• Assisting other departments as necessary when engineering queries arise
• Recognising changes that are required
• Devising means for measuring own performance, e.g. gathering feedback about own performance, self-review
• Self-motivation to meet business needs/goals and objectives
• Balancing benefit and cost in making day to day decisions that effect own work
• Providing and analysing business information
• Managing costs effectively
• Ensuring that the work of self reaches the appropriate standard
• Making suggestions for quality improvement in processes, systems etc.
• Identifying and implementing ways of improving service provision and processes
• Keeping up to date with external quality standards within profession
• Promoting co-operation with other teams/departments
• Making decisions by collaborating with team
• Liaising outside own team
• Challenging the way things are done within own area
• Generating new ideas to improve upon team’s processes.
• Quickly picking up on new problems
• Generating practical solutions to complex problems
• Persistence in finding a solution
• Analysing diverse information quickly and accurately
• Identifying trends
• Identifying a range of possible causes for complex/non-routine problems
Please note any successful applicant, our job offer will be subject to the following requirements:
• Completed & satisfactory medical questionnaire
• Confirmation of right to work in the United Kingdom
• Two references from your current and or recent employment or education which we deem to be satisfactory
• Satisfactory Disclosure Baring Service (DBS) check