We are currently recruiting for an Event Travel Manager on behalf of our client an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market based in Bradford. This a fantastic opportunity to take your career to the next level.
An experienced Event Travel Manager you’ll be capable of managing complex programmes while maintaining a high level of professionalism and composure in sometimes high-pressure situations.
You’ll be confident in co-ordinating and managing group/individual flights for the company’s diverse range of customers.
Developing relationships with new and existing clients, delivering a very high level of service whilst maximising profit along with conducting business in an efficient and professional manner whilst adhering to Company procedures and guidelines.
Working closely with colleagues, Operations Manager and the wider company team to ensure the highest level of service to their clients.
The focus of the role is to provide efficient and professional group travel coordination and project management services, supported by our technology, to maximize value and ROI for our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone working in a similar role or with solid experience in business travel and with the drive to take on a new challenge and become an expert in groups.
• Overall full project management and coordination of group travel arrangements for up to 1000 passengers
• Arranging group travel and logistics for air and rail travel
• Client & delegate liaison, as well as coordination with global ETM teams
• Negotiating with suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective fares for the client while maximizing revenue
• Occasional travel and on-site management when required
• Preparation of proposals, quotations destination feasibility studies and occasional pitching to clients
• Budgeting and project financial management
• Full account reconciliation of projects
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Excellent organisational skills
• GDS competent (preferably Sabre), ideally educated to BA/VA 1 and 2 standards.
• Experienced in handling complex travel programmes
• A good team player but also able to work autonomously and take responsibility for own projects
• Adept at using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Some event registration software experience preferred but not essential (preferably Cvent)
• Flexible, prepared to work occasional unsociable hours during events, including weekends
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to problem solve and prepared to make decisions when necessary
• Additional languages are not required but would be highly beneficial
• Ability to self-manage and prioritise deadlines
For more information about this exciting opportunity working Monday- Friday 37.5 hrs with a salary of £24,000-£28,000 (DOE) please click apply now or get in touch with Sally at Headway Recruitment.
Headway Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.