We are seeking an Experienced Transport Planner for an office based in Peterborough!
The Transport Planner will report to the Contract Manager and work closely with the Operations and Warehouse teams.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To plan, direct and control the activities of the transport fleet including sub-contractors to optimise cost-effectiveness and use of resources. The Transport Planner must provide a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ARE:
* Consistently produce optimum vehicle, work and route allocation in terms of timings and cost. Ensure the fair and legally compliant distribution of driver work and complete the drivers debrief process correctly;
* Develop a network of national transport services to ensure services are delivered cost effectively;
* Liaise with account executives, customers and associate companies as required, to ensure that deliveries and collections are organised and conducted in line with customer requirement;
* Actively seek to understand customer operational requirements and identify any service or delivery concerns or failures;
* Ensure delivery issues are fully communicated to operational teams and resolved timely;
* Ensure that we are fully compliant with both driver and vehicle statutory and legislative requirements
* Manage a portfolio of ‘approved’ suppliers that allows the company to focus or concentrate our spend that equally delivers the optimum in terms of customer service and profitability;
* Maintain a road worthy fleet including organising ad-hoc or regular servicing of vehicles;
* Assist in the development of the Company’s transport strategy to maximise profitability and return on investment
* Work with all other transport teams throughout the Company to support their work requirements as needed and maximise internal revenue wherever possible;
* Constantly review tariffs to ensure that we are both competitive and sensitive to market conditions
* Produce KPI and financial reports where required; and
* Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
* Work with the transport team to continually improve processes and business performance;
* Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
* Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
48 hours a week
Salary - Negotiable
Employee benefits via Perkbox
* Company Pension Scheme
* Free Eyesight tests
* Social Events
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Refer a Friend Scheme
* Seasonal treats
* On-site parking
If you feel you have all the skills required please do not hesitate to contact us on (phone number removed) or email
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.