About this job:
This role has the overall management responsibility for providing and delivering an effective and efficient fleet, transport and logistics function across UK & I.
Primary focus and responsibility will be to effectively manage the provision of fleet across the business, factoring in business demands, fleet availability and suitability; in conjunction with managing an effective and efficient transport function to satisfy customer and business needs together with guiding the fleet and logistics team through the A18 business change
About our client:
Our client is the leading organisation that supplies temporary power (generator) and temperature control (heating, cooling and dehumidification equipment). Working for our client is more than just a job. They care about the people who work with them and want to ensure that our employees have a fulfilling career, work in a safe environment, are happy and share our values. They encourage all employees to expand their skills and knowledge, so they are able to grow and become the future of our business. .
Your key responsibilities:
· Business as usual operations - Support Fleet and Logistics Managers in achieving objectives (aligned with A18 / strategy, and budget), promoting safety culture, realising development opportunities
· Manages the annual Fleet Review cycle encompassing individual area requirements, disposal, new products and replacement
· Manages the Capital request process and coordinates and consolidates the Fleet Capex requirements for the annual budgets cycle.
· Works with the NoEur technical teams to procure and allocate new fleet from Manufacturing and third party suppliers.
· Manage the Fleet investment, capex and replacement programme for Northern Europe.
· Establish and manage quarterly reviews of fleet with the wider Northern Europe management team to ensure right size and mix of fleet, together with future requirements
· Monitor and manage the overall performance of the transport and logistics function. Drive reductions in cost by optimisation of the Aggreko owned HGV fleet and better planning of logistics movements.
· Instigate initiatives to improve utilisation of fleet across Northern Europe, including reduction in non-available fleet, pro-active positioning of fleet to support order pipelines and better visibility of off-hire dates to support new business.
· Strive for continuous improvement in fleet management and availability to achieve “ best in class” performance
· Measure and monitor customer satisfaction and feedback regarding fleet quality and delivery, and establish strategies for continuous improvement
· Support large bids and business development opportunities from a fleet and logistics perspective as required
· Change management - Guide fleet and logistics team through the A18 business change (staff retention, align roles and responsibilities, build the desire to learn and deliver change)
· Manage adoption of Order Fulfilment and TMS – ensure structure, behaviours and awareness is such that the tools can be quickly adopted to realise early efficiencies
· Drive collaboration of system and process teams to ensure inter-system dependencies are clear and activities aligned
Sounds like you? Here’s what you’ll need to demonstrate:
Professional skills / experience
· Good understanding of the business, including technical aspects
· Experience of working in a regional or National role
Personal skills / Experience
· Competent and experienced manager
· IT and Data Literate
· Effective communicator
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.