The management of a team of supervisors to ensure that all vehicles, trailers and equipment are roadworthy, serviceable, clean, highly presentable, inventoried and checked in full working order both pre-delivery, during work and at close of project and that SMS defect reports and breakdowns are responded to and dealt with on a 24/7 basis. In addition, to work with other departments and be an integral part of the Reinstatement Programme, to ensure returning vehicles and equipment are in RFW condition.
1. Vehicles, trailer and equipment assets meet all legal requirements, e.g., preventative maintenance inspections and tachograph calibrations are in date, tyres, brakes and steering in good condition, etc.
2. Assure client satisfaction is guaranteed with regard to the upkeep and maintenance of trucks, trailers and equipment and to liaise with relevant departments, HODs and OSMs to ensure the Reinstatement Programme works
3. Health & Safety requirements are met in-gate and out-of-gate with regard to working conditions, PPE, electrical checks, thorough inspections of tools and lifting equipment (LOLER and PUWER)
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensure that the Company’s vehicle and trailer assets are kept in a serviceable condition and available "off the shelf" when required for projects
2. Devise and implement processes and procedures that improve efficiency and save costs.
3. Ensure liaison with Sales Contracts and Operations so that they are aware of issues that could affect clients and advise solutions to remedy these
4. Ensure breakdowns are attended to and that vehicles are repaired or rescued in a cost-effective manner
5. Manage, in a cost effective manner, mobile maintenance technicians and OSMs and ensure they complete the correct paperwork
6. Work in conjunction with the Quality Control Manager to ensure vehicles and equipment is in RFW condition (a) prior to delivery (b) while on project and (c) just before and on return from the client in line with our Reinstatement Programme
7. Ensure that all portable electrical items and cables are PAT tested in accordance with Health & Safety requirements
8. Ensure spare parts are ordered in a timely fashion to maintain vehicle and trailer condition
9. Submit weekly status reports on the Contract Maintenance department
10. Submit reports as and when requested to the MET team.
1. Ensure liaison with Legal Compliance Maintenance and Operations to ensure that vehicles receive Preventative Maintenance Inspections by the relevant deadlines
1. Ensure liaison with the Builds Team to ensure vehicle and trailer repairs are completed in a timely fashion
1. Ensure that the SMS Defect reporting system is monitored and defect reports are responded to in a timely fashion.
2. Be responsible for stock control and the asset register for contract maintenance
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.