Our client is recruiting for a Fleet Manager to join their team ASAP on an initial 5 month contract.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30-16:30, at a rate of £12 per hour PAYE.
* To provide, manage and develop a co-ordinated fleet management service across the Council for the vehicles, plant and drivers operated in connection with the Councils’ business
* To be the Councils’ main point of contact for VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) in respect of the Councils’ Vehicle Operators’ License (a statutory requirement). As such, to provide specialist / technical advice and guidance to the Council and its departmental managers on legal and statutory requirements relating to its’ transport operations.
* The role entails budget management, contractor liaison, compliance, interrogation and use of software systems, accident management, and compliance with statutory duties
* The safe and legal operation of a Council fleet of approximately 130 vehicles and 30 items of plant, including, accessible busses, mobile libraries, cars and vans, together with specialist associated equipment, such as tail-lifts and passenger and wheelchair restraints
* Vehicle safety inspections and insurance cover.
* Sound knowledge of managing fleet vehicles from cradle to grave, preferably in a public sector environment
* High level of computer literacy
* Have a proven working knowledge of transport legislation
* Experience of budgetary management
* NVQ Level 4 in Motor Vehicle Technology
* A member of of Institute of Motor Industry or Transport Engineers
* A holder of a Certificate of Professional Competence for National Road
* Clean full valid UK Driving Licence (categories B, C1 and D1).
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.