Fleet Manager £28k-£35k per annum Full Time, Perm Based in Scunthorpe
Your new role
A new and exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified Fleet Manager, based in Northern Lincolnshire has arisen. The main roles and responsibilities of this position are;
* Manage the maintenance requirements of the Fleet and inclusive of ensuring robust system and process is in place for reporting of damage, incident and accident.
* Ensuring that vehicle defects are identified and addressed in a timely manner
* Ensure within the transport function that within all aspects we have a supply chain that provides best value, best service and competitive costs
* Provide an analysis using existing system and process of fuel usage and make recommendations to improve the fleet performance and achieve cost savings
* Utilise to the maximum potential the existing telematics systems to ensure that we improve and feedback on driver performance and provide timely intervention when required
* Establish a Fleet business plan which is monitored and updated and provides real time data for the senior management team
* Build positive and productive working relationships with our Depot Supervisor and Operative workforce which will require some travel. In addition establishing clear protocols with our Depot Supervisors to provide on time all required data relating to vehicles.
* Provide an ongoing analysis of stock requirements
* Ensure via direct oversight that our Depot Supervisors are adhering to our fleet policy, procedure and process and establishing clear performance targets in relation to Fleet where required.
* Manage proactively the supply chain of hire vehicles and the disposal / return of end of contract / end of life vehicles. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate their success in achieving this in their current or previous setting.
* Work proactively with our insurers and all departments within the business to reduce Fleet related accidents / incidents
* Ensure that FORS accreditation is maintained
* Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and customers
* Continuously improving the business function through a structured approach
* Analyse current Fleet systems and processes and make recommendations to improve our performance and efficiency
What you'll need to succeed
* A strong understanding of Fleet related policy, procedure and relevant legislation
* Able to evidence in current or previous roles the ability to negotiate best price and value with suppliers
* Ability to think laterally with a forward thinking approach
* Strong leadership and management skills, with ability to coach and mentor staff
* Highly effective communication, organisational and presentation skills
* Ability to develop and manage a fleet business plan
What you'll get in return
* Salary between £28,000- £35,000 dependent on qualification’s and experience
* Full company benefits scheme
* Monday to Friday, 42.5 hours per week
* Bonus scheme
* Holiday Entitlement is 28 days per annum
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.