Transport Fleet Manager
£28,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
*Immediate start available
To maintain the site vehicle fleet in compliance with all legislative and Company standards and to lead, motivate and develop the Workshop team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing a HGV fleet, hold a CPC and is a strong leader.
* Ensure that all workshop team members are focused and organised
* To lead and motivate the workshop
* To maintain and improve a safe working environment within the Vehicle Maintenance Unit, and vehicle safety standards, ensuring that VMU team members comply with all legal and Company Health & Safety standards and requirements
* To ensure that the vehicle fleet is maintained in accordance with the operator license.
* To ensure that through close liaison and cooperation with the Transport and Dispatch departments the needs of the delivery operation are met on a daily basis.
* Responsible for the health, safety and well being of their team members
* To take ownership of the O Licence and manage 60 tractor units vehicles and 130 + trailers
* Take the lead in development, and maintaining a focus on continuous efficiency improvement.
* Previous experience in managing a HGV fleet
* Previous experience in managing a HGV workshop
* Transport fleet management experience within the FMCG sector is desirable
* Strong people management skills and the ability to lead improvements
* Results focused
* Strong change management skills and resilience
* Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
* Experience of fleet management systems
* PC Literate
* Good numeracy and strong analytical skills.
* CPC (National)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.