We are currently looking for talented individual to assume responsibility for our fleet of vehicles. In this role you will ensure the upkeep of the fleet is to regulatory and Company standards and within agreed / acceptable budgets. In addition, you will also upkeep and maintain plant which requires statutory inspections and as the fleet manager you will ensure traceability of all vehicles and related expenses within the commercial fleet. Reporting to the Operations Director.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Ensure that the Company’s profits are maximised through effective budget control
• Utilise and communicate with depots driver telematics information and use the information to help monitor driver behaviour and implement driver improvement schemes as deemed necessary
• Provide monthly billing details for transport costs review at Transport meetings
• Complete full, detailed and accurate RTA reports within agreed timescales and communicate with the insurance broker and ensure close out of road traffic insurance claims
• Ensure all records are maintained as required by VOSA.
• Ensure accurate records are kept of all internal and external vehicle repairs
• Track and allow suitable advance notice to the relevant persons of when all vehicles are due off the road for inspections, servicing and MOT works.
• Ensure vehicle repairs / maintenance are delivered on time and to the appropriate high standards of quality within agreed budgets.
• Liaise with Operations Planner to ensure vehicles and equipment are adequate to achieve short and long term plans
• Advise of any works which will put individual vehicle spends above the nominated budget.
• Ensure there is a robust and failsafe breakdown process for all vehicles.
To be considered for this opportunity, you require:
• An operator CPC (Certificate of Competence) professional qualification is advantageous.
• A proven track record in a similar role
• Special mechanical knowledge and ability to undertake mechanical repairs. EG:
o Able to do mechanical / auto-electrical body repairs (inc welding)
o Have diagnostic capability as per manufacturers standards
o Willing to learn specialised equipment
• A mechanical background with qualifications would be advantageous
• Ability to drive forward change processes to ensure drivers are undertaking tasks required
• Ability to monitor and challenge driver behaviour
• Flexibility to deal with transport issues out of normal working hours
• Ability to track and report on budgets
• Ability to effectively manage subcontractors relied on for vehicle repairs / inspections /
• Good communication skills to plan vehicle servicing etc with operations planners
• Robust knowledge of rules and regulations so the Operator licence is not compromised
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.