Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Devon Council to recruit an experienced Fleet Manager to join their dedicated team for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Ideally we seek candidates that are available to start a new contract immediately and who are able to commit to the full length of the contract
The main focus of the position is to manage the procurement and maintenance of the vehicle fleet and mobile plant of the Council. We seek someone who is able to monitor and manage contractors and partners, produce performance information and seek year on year performance initiatives, plus much, much more……
To be successful in this position you will have a proven track record in fleet and transport management and will possess the following key skills, experience and qualifications:
* Minimum of 2yrs in commercial fleet management with at least 12months supervisory experience, able to manage a small team
* Have sufficient mechanical knowledge of vehicles and mobile plant to make qualified judgements and inspections on services, repairs and suitability of purchases
* Drive service improvements, whilst working to set targets and deadlines
* Be IT savvy, able to use MS Office Suite and Fleet Management Software
* Experience in organising and prioritising staff and specific workloads
* Proven track record of budget management, with the ability to forecast future budgetary trends
* Full clean driving licence is a must and a HGV licence would be beneficial
In addition to the above, you will be someone who thrives on working within a busy role, and who is a true team player and natural leader.
If you have the above key skills and are able to start your new contract IMMEDIATELY please send your CV today to review a job description
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.