One of the leading providers in the parcel delivery network has an opportunity for a Fleet Manager to be based at one of their sites in Peterborough.
The successful candidate will streamline routes with drivers and keep costs down. You will deliver excellent service across the customer base. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for meeting regularly with the drivers, dispatchers and maintenance team members to discuss ways to meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
* Offer guidance to self-employed drivers on the best ways to maximize their earnings while delivering a high level of customer services.
* Ensure that all drivers understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry loads to customer destinations.
* Collaborate with internal and external stake holders to add quality employee drivers and contracted drivers to the fleet.
* Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
* Ensure that all load paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to the proper people.
* Ensure robust agreements and service levels are in place for any outsourced work.
* Investigate all accidents thoroughly, implementing corrective actions where required.
* Hold regular review meetings with all suppliers to examine performance against agreed targets.
* Team leadership
* Strong and effective communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Planning and organising
* Commercial awareness
* Background in parcels or courier deliveries preferred
* Possessing a CPC qualification will be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will be based at their site in Peterborough.
Salary for this opportunity is £30k-£45k, working Monday to Friday 0(phone number removed). The package is likely include company car and other excellent benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.