Fleet Manager/ Fleet Supervisor
£35,000 - £40,000
I’ve partnered with a busy Transport Operation, who as a result of significant growth and diversification, they are now looking for an experienced and focused Fleet Supervisor to join their team.
This individual will be responsible for the fleet strategy, operational management of their fleet (HGVs and Trailers) and leadership of our fleet management team.
* To carry out a thorough review of the company’s existing approach to fleet management
* To develop and agree an appropriate fleet strategy for the business
* To develop and agree a 2-year plan which will deliver the agreed strategy
* To work closely with the directors and management of the transport and driver compliance teams to ensure that fleet management continues to meet their needs both now and in the future
* To provide “technical” expertise on fleet management across the business
* To keep abreast of changes to, and best practice within, the fleet management industry and to share this internally as appropriate, making any necessary changes to company fleet practice and policies
* To lead the procurement, repair, and disposal of all company vehicles, optimising the supplier network and achieving costs savings
* To review provide regular reports highlighting fleet performance, efficiency, compliance, maintenance, accident, and other issues, with recommendations as appropriate
Skills and Knowledge
* You must have previous experience of providing strategic and operational fleet management within an organisation with a large fleet of vehicles (HGV and Trailers). Managing a fleet of 100 trucks and 150 trailers, growing to 180 trucks and 250 trailers.
* Technical/mechanical background would be desirable
* You must be commercially aware and experienced in controlling costs, with exposure to budgets and financial controls
* You must have a “can-do” attitude, a proactive approach to change, and be able to demonstrate your commitment to a continuous improvement philosophy
* You should be a confident negotiator with proven supplier management experience
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply via the link or contact Victoria Riley as Aspion Recruitment
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.