Job Type: Global Logistics Manager
Salary: £55k – 65k + Package
Location: North West
Job Reference: 2322
Are you someone who wants to be part of a rapidly growing organisation where you can make a real impact? Somewhere that offers you full autonomy and to be part of an entrepreneurial environment? If so, please read on!
A leader in their field with a global customer base. The company is always evolving with circa 750 staff worldwide and entering over 40 countries with their products. They are focussed on six key markets which each experiencing its own growth. They operate a work hard play hard environment with no day being the same. Due to both organic growth and acquisition it is now a great time to join the company.
The Global Logistics Manager will be responsible for the global warehouse strategy for the business. They will work with the senior leadership team to establish best practice in the areas of logistics, warehousing, health & safety and the overall transportation network.
- Responsible for multiple warehouses across the globe
- Setting the global warehouse strategy for the business
- Responsible for the shipment and issuing of all dispatch and export documentation.
- Management of transport carriers’ contracts and pricing, as well as the company carriage quotations and expenditure.
- Responsible for all company export requirements, regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the company dangerous goods regulatory compliance and safe transport of dangerous goods by road, sea and air.
- Liaising with the purchasing department for stock ordering and deliveries.
- Management of stock controls in the Goods in and out warehouses.
- Management of 5-10 direct reports
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, organised, highly motivated and a self-starter who is comfortable working with limited supervision and prioritise certain projects at one time. This person will be operating at a senior level and will be brought in to drive best practice across the logistics funtion.
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in a supply chain related discipline as an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management and experience in the FMCG or Chemical Industry would be advantages.
- Knowledge of managing a global transportation network
- Experience in end-to-end supply chain and understanding of Demand/Supply Planning functions.
- Strong experience in SAP
- Knowledge of QHSE systems and regulations
- Commercial understanding of the consumer market and an ability to liaise effectively with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills & keen eye for detail - numerate
- Line management experience is critical for this role, with demonstrated ability to mentor and support the development of less experienced members of a team.
- Proven experience of driving systemised improvements to logistics processes.
- Demonstrable change management experience within the Supply Chain function. • Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
Please apply via the link below
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.