Selective Resourcing are proud to be partnering with a leading train operating company who are looking to appointment a Head of Fleet Engineering to provide leadership, direction and management of the engineering support team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering this role provides leadership to a team of 16. You will use your technical expertise and experience of operating within a fleet, rolling stock or train maintenance and repair environment to provide strategic direction, planning long term improvements to effectively support the wider engineering function.
The successful candidate must have experience of leading and managing a team of a similar size in the past. You will have experience of managing change along with a strong desire for continual improvement and a coaching style of management.
This role provides a flexibility around location with offices in London and Aylesbury.
Role Purpose & Core Accountabilities - Head of Fleet Engineering
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the engineering support team
- Develop goals and strategies supported by metrics for the engineering support team
- Ensure that the Fleet Engineering Team provide excellent engineering support services to wider engineering function.
- Drive improvements in fleet reliability and train systems
- Champion the Integrated Management System and ensure it is used to drive consistency and continuous improvements across the Engineering Function
- Ensure engineering standards are in place to ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with the ‘Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006’ (ROGS).
- To lead and direct improvements in rolling stock safety performance
- Ensure technical training and competency management is provided across the function
- Ensure plant and buildings across the function are maintained and repaired
- Provide visible leadership across the business participating in cross-functional activities to shape business direction and strategy
- Be the safety champion for the department and deliver safety objectives for the department
- Ensuring suitable processes and management activities are in place to prioritise workload and deliver to agreed timescales
- Ensuring suitable plans are developed and executed to improve fleet performance
- Undertaking activities to optimise maintenance plans
- Ensuring up to date and fit for purpose maintenance instructions, and supporting technical documentation are in place, controlled and accessible
- Ensuring suitable processes are in place and used to control engineering change
- Setting and delivering an annual audit plan for internal activities and external suppliers
- Driving improvements in compliance
- Developing and trialling fleet modifications
- Longer-term fleet development and innovation initiatives
- Ensuring adequate engineering assurance activities are in place and risks identified and managed
- Achieving financial targets for the department
- Setting competency standards for safety-critical engineering staff
- Improving the skills and capabilities of safety-critical staff through training
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all plant and buildings at all - - Engineering locations
Core Information - Head of Fleet Engineering
Qualifications; You will ideally hold a professional engineering qualification – Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (IMechE or IET) or working towards.
Salary; £70,000 - £85,000
Benefits; 15% bonus, personal private healthcare, free travel across the company rail network, heavily discounted travel across wider rail network, defined benefit pension scheme.
For more information contact Joanne on (Apply online only)
London, Aylesbury, Fleet, Rolling Stock, Leadership, Team Management, Train Operating Company, Head of Engineering, Principal Engineer, Senior Engineer
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.