Job Title: Head of Fleet Engineering
Location: Cheshire Region
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a large global business to recruit a newly created Head of Fleet Engineering role position to capitalise on growth moving into 2019. A global player within their market, the business still maintain the same family ownership structure and values that started the business. The business have established themselves as leading organisation within the distribution market and continue to grow through acquisition. As a business, the organisation can offer you the opportunity to be part of something special as you work with some of the world's leading logistics professionals in exciting new markets and ventures.
* Strategic planning of fleet replacement schedules, within agreed budgetary criteria.
* Develop, review and maintain standard vehicle specification, ensuring network operational requirements are achieved.
* Ensure legal compliance is maintained as a minimum standard, if not enhanced upon.
* Delivery cost efficiency's through enhanced procurement management, asset standardisation and effective asset management.
* Enhance supply chain activity through effective supply base management.
* Effective management of Fleet Administration Department, ensuring best practises are delivered across the department and operational network.
* Undertake branch fleet department audits, discuss with local management and implement actions plans where areas of improvement have been identified.
* Develop driver improvement strategies to deliver reduced driver accident performance.
* Liaise with motor insurance providers to engage with industry best practises to maintain if not improve insurance premiums.
* Drive and delivery best practise in relation to cost management of fleet services, maintenance and repair activities.
* Pro-active management of auxiliary and third party supply base.
* Provide technical support to the network
* Provide support to the senior management team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Good understanding of Road Transport Legislation enforced with a national CPC qualification. Skilled root cause and investigation manager.
* Exemplary man management skills
* International CPC qualification
* Minimum of 5 years' experience of Fleet Engineering Management, vehicle legislation.
* Budget management.
* Supplier negotiation skills.
* Experience in tanker distribution and a Fleet associated with this sector would be very beneficial
* Ability to extract salient points written or oral in nature.
* Ability to write clear and concise English communications
* Reliability, discretion, diplomatic manner and impartiality of judgement
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on (phone number removed) for more details.
Keywords: Fleet Manager, Head of Fleet Engineering, Logistics Fleet Engineer, CPC, Logistics, Distribution, Stake Holder Engagement, Man Management
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.