Would you like to be responsible for managing one of the largest fleets of vehicles within the East Anglian Region?
We recently announced plans to invest £6.5 billion into our regions water and sewerage networks to help protect the environment and secure water resources for generations to come. Anglian Water are an award winning organisation with almost 5,000 employees, over 6 million customers, a fleet of over 2,700 vehicles and have been voted as the best place to work in the UK and utility company of the year.
What will you be doing?
As Head of Fleet Services you will play an important role within our leadership team having responsibility spanning our entire fleet and all vehicle & driver related activities. Reporting to the Director of Water Recycling you will provide industry expertise and knowledge. In this critical role you will lead, influence and be responsible for all of our transport needs to deliver operational requirements in a safe, compliant and cost effective manner.
You will be responsible for the overall operational management and service delivery of vehicles and drivers including their utilisation as well as fitness for purpose. You will also be responsible for reviewing and leading the internal service delivery strategy on maintenance provision. You will have a strong influence over the management of compliance with O Licence legislation as well as defining best practice and the development of policies, procedures, tools and systems to our vehicle fleet and drivers.
You will have overall responsibility for leading a team of thirty and directly line managing a team of three. Other responsibilities as Head of Fleet Services include:
- Challenging existing work practices
- Ensuring data integrity and quality of reporting
- Creating an environment where delivering continuous improvement is part of everyday life
- Ensuring change management activity and customer service strategies align to our wider objectives and strategic goals
- Represent us at fleet industry level and take a leading role in developing the fleet industry to further demonstrate and grow the reputation and values of our business
What do you need?
We are looking for an experienced strategic fleet manager who can demonstrate continuous improvement. In particular, we are looking for someone who has the following:
- Strong leadership experience and behaviours
- Demonstrable record in vehicle operations (mixed fleet of cars and commercials)
- Technical awareness on vehicle configurations and conversions
- Experience of managing budgets
- A CPC Licence is essential
- Ability to work as part of a strategic senior leadership team, sharing knowledge and experience to ensure consistency in approach
- Experience of managing and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent customer service focus
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in accordance with our business strategy
- Ability and confidence to make important decisions
- Confidence to challenge
- Ability to clearly communicate
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Company car or cash for car
- Private health care for you and your family
- 30 days annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people, making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you will be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Due to the nature of this role, you will have the opportunity to work from home on occasion. There is also the ability to work from one of our other offices / sites on occasion.
Closing date: 24th April 2019
All applications can be completed on our careers site - https://awg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/aw/job/Huntingdon/Head-of-Fleet-Services_R3023-2