Expansion creates requirement for new Head of Fleet Services
Our client is the UK market leader in the provision of wheelchair accessible minibuses and other specialist vehicles to local authorities, charities and private operators throughout London and across the UK.
Established for more than 30 years the Group have doubled revenues over the past 4 years and have just completed the relocation of the Head Office and London depot to a new site in Erith.
With further planned expansion the Group are now looking to recruit a new Head of Fleet Services. With a fleet of nearly 1500 vehicles, this is a key appointment for the Group.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude with a real appetite to challenge existing systems and processes where efficiency improvements can be delivered without compromising our ‘Customer First’ approach.
Based in Erith, Kent the successful applicant will have a broad remit as part of the senior management team.
Responsibilities will include:
* Overall responsibility for a team of 28 staff, including maintenance administration and workshop staff
* Management of fleet maintenance for approximately 850 minibuses and 600 LCV – we have a network of service providers across the UK that need to comply with tight SLA.
* Ensuring vehicle downtime is kept to a minimum and in line with target
* Managing cost element of maintenance & suppliers
* Control of ancillary fleet equipment (ramps & workshop equipment)
* Ensuring accurate and timely reporting is provided to customers and the senior management team
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with good time management skills and strong problem solving skills. They will have good mechanical knowledge & an appreciation of the key aspects of handling maintenance & breakdowns cost effectively. A very strong customer service ethic will balance the company agreed service criteria to external clients alongside a flexible approach to ensure that the team are also fully engaged.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package is available for the right person for this key role.
Please submit your CV by the apply button
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.