You will have a pivotal role working for a globally recognised UK OEM having overall responsibility for all materials planning and inventory levels across the business. You will contribute to the definition and implementation of best practice logistics strategy, processes and procedures to support and improve operational performance.
Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Rugby
Salary: £ 40,000 - £50,000 p.a.
Suitable for: Logistics Manager, Materials Manager, Supply Chain Manager
- With overall responsibility for all Materials Planning and inventory control across the business, the Inbound Logistics Manager will ensure that material scheduling strategy and processes work effectively in order to ensure material supply meets production requirements with minimum stock levels and optimised costs.
- The Inbound Logistics Manager will take ownership of any materials planning issues that arise, including over and under delivery, and take any follow up actions - especially in the event of materials shortages that will affect production. Managing inventory risk and ensuring that contingency plans are in place.
- You will support continuous improvement initiatives and develop flexible solutions to aid business efficiency, drive process improvements and add value.
- As Inbound Logistics Manager you will ensure that the MRP system is effective and that data is accurate and up to date. Take full responsibility for obsolete parts process, ensuring the business is left with minimum liability and waste.
- Ensure that plans, schedules and performance metrics are available and regularly report progress to the management team. Manage, coach and develop your direct reports. Manage health and safety requirements within your team. Complete regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate.
- Oversee and optimise costs in relation to packaging and transportation arrangements.
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant commercial of engineering discipline.
- You will have previous experience leading logistics functions within an automotive or manufacturing environment. With expert knowledge and understanding of automotive components and of supply chain management.
- Knowledge of Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma and other associated techniques.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills. Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. Able to build strong relationships through engagement, negotiation and management of stakeholders (customers and external providers). You will need to be commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple projects and projects of others, against objectives and deadlines.
- Full understanding of ERP systems - ideally Epicor
Please apply to Kelly Snelling or contact on (Apply online only) to discuss
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.