We have an incredible opportunity to join a market leading 3PL distributor. This is initially a 3 month contract with a high chance of going permanent. They require an experienced Transport Manager to work at their busy site in Kettering for an initial 3 month FTC, with potential for a permanent position for the right candidate.
This is a busy multi load/drop, cross dock transport operation, so previous experience in a similar operation will be beneficial.
The role is based near Kettering.
Salary is up to £30,000 - £40,000
As Nightshift Transport Manager you will have full accountability for Transport Operational function to achieve effective a deficient operations with excellent standards of service, efficiency and performance. You will be accountable for ensuring that all legal and Transport compliance processes and procedures are adhered to along with responsibility for the Transport site strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Day to day management of the Transport Operations function
• Identify, propose and manage resource to enable the Transport function to deliver its objectives
• Build and motivate the team, including recruitment, performance management and ongoing tem development
• Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies with the Transport function
• Review, report and address any specific performance issues or complaints about service issues
• Maintain a positive relationship with the site union representative and involvement in negotiations as appropriate.
• Management and accountability if the budget fir the unit, involvement in annual budget planning to agree ongoing Transport budget
To be considered for the role as Transport Manager you must have several years' Transport Management experience
• National and International CPC is essential
• Wholesale, Retail experience is essential
• Experience of convenience networks is advantageous
• Excellent people manager with good communications skills plus the ability to communicate objectives and information, inspiring the team to deliver
• Able to add value through an engaging management style.
Package & Prospects
On offer is an excellent package with a salary of up to £45,000 plus excellent benefits which include, pension.
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career with an employer highly recognised for the development and welfare of their staff.
Based near Kettering and is commutable from:
BJD Group are the UK's leading management recruitment experts within the logistics and supply chain sector. Since 1991 we have worked with clients and candidates to provide a professional, trusted service from initial engagement to securing your next role and beyond. Please visit our website at (url removed) for the latest logistics and supply chain vacancies.
BJD Group acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position I understand that my details will be processed in accordance with BJD Group's Data Retention Policy which can be accessed at (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.