Interim Transport Manager – Exeter – Competitive Salary
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting for an Interim Transport Manager on a 6 month contract initially with a review at the end.
• To manage the transport operations for the Exeter site including associated outreach drivers as directed to achieve and deliver KPI’s.
• To analyse the supply chain with a focus on continuous improvement.
• To manage the collections of Raw Materials and despatch of finished goods and assist other transport areas within the business as required.
• Liaise and communicate with customers, ensuring that any queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
• To plan an efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring that vehicle utilization is maximised and service levels are maintained.
• To be compliant with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• To be responsible for the recruitment, management and development of drivers, transport office and garage personnel.
• To ensure that the driving team operates in the correct manner, ensuring individuals are SAFED trained and comply with the transport Fleet board standards.
• Maintain driver records and drivers hours in line with EU Road Haulage legislation.
• Ensure the Exeter garage is compliant with all H&S and legislative maintenance requirements in conjunction with the garage supervisor.
• Ensure the company standards with regards to vehicle and trailer cleanliness are met at all times.
• Conduct compliance audits on allocated sites to the standards required by the GLM and GHSM.
• Provide assistance and support to the audited sites to ensure compliance as directed by the GLM and GHSM.
• CPC holder with an excellent knowledge of the latest Transport Legislation
• Strong H&S awareness with an IOSH qualification.
• Previous managerial experience within a fast-paced Transport Function (including FMCG).
• Experience of working within a multi-site organisation.
• An approachable and effective People Manager.
• Fully converse in all Microsoft solutions to a professional standard.
• A team player who is also able to work on own initiative.
• Highly focused on cost and budgetary controls.
• Innovative approach, forward thinking, able to generate new opportunities for improvement.
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel as and when required
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.