Location: Exeter (with occasional travel)
Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA’s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain. The Group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. It also produces bio-fuels and renewable energy and provides services for farming and the food industry. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for an Interim Transport Manager based at our Exeter site. This is a full-time position, which is likely to last for 6 months.
As an Interim Transport Manager your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• To manage the transport operations for the Exeter site including associated outreach drivers as directed to achieve and deliver KPI’s.
• To analyse the supply chain with a focus on continuous improvement.
• To manage the collections of Raw Materials and despatch of finished goods and assist other transport areas within the business as required.
• Liaise and communicate with customers, ensuring that any queries are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
• To plan an efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring that vehicle utilization is maximised and service levels are maintained.
• To be compliant with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• To be responsible for the recruitment, management and development of drivers, transport office and garage personnel.
• To ensure that the driving team operates in the correct manner, ensuring individuals are SAFED trained and comply with the transport Fleet board standards.
• Maintain driver records and drivers hours in line with EU Road Haulage legislation.
• Ensure the Exeter garage is compliant with all H&S and legislative maintenance requirements in conjunction with the garage supervisor.
• Ensure the company standards with regards to vehicle and trailer cleanliness are met at all times.
• Conduct compliance audits on allocated sites to the standards required by the GLM and GHSM.
• Provide assistance and support to the audited sites to ensure compliance as directed by the GLM and GHSM.
• CPC holder with an excellent knowledge of the latest Transport Legislation
• Strong H&S awareness with an IOSH qualification.
• Previous managerial experience within a fast-paced Transport Function (including FMCG).
• Experience of working within a multi-site organisation.
• An approachable and effective People Manager.
• Fully converse in all Microsoft solutions to a professional standard.
• A team player who is also able to work on own initiative.
• Highly focused on cost and budgetary controls.
• Innovative approach, forward thinking, able to generate new opportunities for improvement.
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel as and when required.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s expected.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.