International Shipping / Logistics Manager
Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a multi-national company with interests in over 40 markets worldwide and turnover in excess of £500M. The company owns many highly successful International household name brands. Founded on the principles of direct marketing has grown to be predominantly a direct to consumer multi-channel retailer. However, the company also has significant interests with retail partners all over the world. In the UK alone, their products can be found in hundreds of high street stores, backed by a strong online presence.
As they continue to expand into new countries they now require an International Shipping / Logistics Manager to manage the supply of product to their retail partners and direct channels.
This position is responsible for the logistics, warehousing and distribution of product ultimately to be delivered on time in the right place to their retail partners. This position is responsible for trade compliance, GMP and GDP good distribution practices.
This position requires solid knowledge relevant business processes, logistics, brokerage, customs, warehouse and distribution functions and European Logistics.
Duties are varied and include:
- Managing the inbound and outbound logistics, brokerage, customs, 3PL and distribution functions to ensure goods are at the right place at the right time at the lowest possible cost.
- Responsibility for the management of inbound and outbound freight across a number of manufacturing and distribution operations. This will involve managing carriers across sea and road freight and the associated commercial and operational aspects of doing so.
- Working closely with all cross-functional disciplines to identify and resolve logistics needs/opportunities and their impact on the entire supply chain, managing stakeholders expectations and ensuring the logistics operation delivers on its promises.
- Insure compliance with all EU logistical regulations
- Insure GDP compliance of all distribution in and from the EU
- Manages/executes transport validation studies when required
An attractive salary package is on offer to the right individual together with the opportunity to grow your career with a rapidly expanding business.
If this excites you then don't miss out - apply today
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.